Friday, September 22, 2006

Two Quick Notes About Work

1. The guy who had my job before I did apparently used to sign all his emails with bizarre made-up names. For example, the sendoff email he sent around the department when he left was signed "Effervescently, Broadway Joe." I noted this to my boss, who said "Yeah, when you started working I thought, Hey! This guy uses his actual name! How refreshing."

No matter how weird your own weird habits might be, other people's weird habits always appear even weirder.

2. I've been doing some of my first actual editing work, on a couple of new prefaces to reprinting literary criticism books. (This is decidedly not my field.) One of the writers referred at one point in his preface to the "linguisticity of language." As far as I can tell this doesn't actually mean anything; if it does, then literary criticism might be even further out in the woods than I thought it was.

That is all. Happy weekend,
Jack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home