Wednesday, June 20, 2007

If It's Funny, It Just Means You're Weird

Nate's possibly too modest to note that Comics Curmudgeon picked up his "Molly Worth" cartoon on Bloomsday, so there you go. (Presumably he emailed the guy.) Comics Curmudgeon has been a clearing house of Mary Worth snark and parody for, what, two years now? Who knew that Nate was anticipating a tidal wave of ironic Mary Worth appreciation?

I'm mostly jazzed that Nate's effort was described (with two other things) as "of interest," and then "of potential interest." This is pretty close to what we're going for! Almost there!


* * * * *

Beyond showing me around to almost everything of note in St. Louis this weekend, my friend Tom clued me in to a BBC series of shorts from 2002 titled Look Around You, which is a brilliantly absurd take on mid-80s educational science programs. If you like deadpan British nerd humor, go for it. If you don't, sleep one hour less each night and check in every day till it's funny.

I haven't watched a lot of these, but most of them seem to be up on the You Tube. I will vouch for Iron and The Brain.

My favorite quote from the latter:
"The brain is basically a wrinkled bag of skin filled with warm water, veins, and thought muscles. Think of it as kind of a modified heart — only with a mind, or brain."

1 Comments:

Blogger nate said...

"Modest" is accurate, I suppose, though more accurate would be "has mostly been asleep or else at work since Saturday". I did email it to the guy.

I like that Brain short a lot; I'll watch the others at some point too. As a minor point of contention, my preferred made up word meaning "of the brain" has always been "brainal", not "brainial".

6/20/2007 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home