Sunday, September 09, 2007

Let's Actually Go Steelers

Well, that's good news. Stomping the Browns in Cleveland is as satisfying as ever. Next week: can they beat a team that doesn't find it necessary to bench its starting quarterback 25 minutes into the season?

Cleveland's still got the Indians, at least.

I listened to the first two series of the game on the internet radio webstream from 970 AM Pittsburgh, but then they dropped the game for a generic Fox gameday broadcast. I take it this is what they meant to do in the first place, presumably for licensing reasons. That's disappointing, because I definitely listened to the entire Steelers/Saints game last year on that webstream.

After some googling I learned that you can watch bootlegged football broadcasts online. The image quality's low enough that I don't plan to do this again (it's also plainly one of those illegal internet sharing things), but if you're really jonesing for football (say, on opening weekend) and you're not in the mood to hang out in a huge sports bar, now you know how.

I like watching Roethlisberger hit a bunch of different receivers. Brings back happy memories of the '05 playoffs.

1 Comments:

Blogger nate said...

I was planning to go down the list of Steelers Radio Network affiliates until I found one with an unexpurgated live feed online, but I wound up positioning my rabbit ears more or less in the center of my living room so I could pick up Baltimore's CBS station, which (that being an AFC North town) programs Steelers games more often than its D.C. counterpart. For the snowy image quality I get from that signal it may as well be illegal.

Although the start of the Steelers' season unofficially marks the end of the Pirates', anyone still following the city's more Browns-like franchise should probably go to the Pirates main page and watch the clip of Nyjer Morgan's diving catch in center field yesterday while it's still easy to get to.

I tried to find a copy of the video on YouTube but all I turned up was this clip of Morgan getting thrown out of a AAA game.

9/10/2007 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home