Monday, June 23, 2008

Mock Alarm

I didn't know we had mockingbirds up here, but I definitely heard one singing like a car alarm while I was on a bike ride the other day. (I caught its wing pattern when it flew out of its tree, too: definitely a mockingbird.) It did a pretty decent cover, too; I don't think it got all the repetitions down exactly, but it was a more tuneful interpretation and more interesting to listen to. Hopefully the other birds don't just tune out car alarms like people do.

I guess that's what you sing when you're a mockingbird on State Street. It's probably a lot harder to sing like a motorcycle.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Mom & I lived in Nashville, the College I attended was across the street from one of the town's two major hospitals. I heard a mockingbird on campus one day busting a gut trying to do an electronic ambulance siren. Sounds like your bird did a better imitation of the car alarm.

6/23/2008 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home