Monday, June 15, 2009

Boy, That Pete Guy Sure is Cool, Isn't He?

I know what you've been thinking: "You know what of mild interest needs? More pictures of Pete hocking poems on the sidewalk."

Well, supply and demand, people, supply and demand:


Pete, with friends Scott and Dave,
selling poems at the Miami Public Library



All those people in the background are there for the poetry.

We've actually got two more "Poem Depots" coming up this week, both at events for WLRN on NPR here in Miami. Apparently, we've been featured in their radio adver-blurbs all week (I say apparently because I don't listen to NPR--frankly, I'm uncomfortable participating in anything NPR-related, but you know, gotta do what's best for the collective). We're actually slowly making a little bit of bank, which goes to producing our homemade journals, and probably next some t-shirts (I'm part of the collective's t-shirt sub-committee; we've made our preliminary designs and are now looking for a designer/artist to make it look less shitty).

Can't be a collective without a t-shirt.

And if you're curious what exactly it is that people are lining up to buy at our events (the collective wrote nearly 50 poems this past Saturday night), here's a picture of a poem I wrote on demand, but which was never picked up by its commisioner:


My "Milkcrate" don't bring any boys to the yard.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Can you write a transcript of that abandoned poem? My rectangle isn't high-resolution enough to make it out.

6/15/2009 5:11 PM  
Blogger nate said...

I'm mostly impressed that you were actually able to sell your poetry at the library, given that there's a lot of poetry that people can get there for free.

6/16/2009 9:21 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

I can't really transcribe it because I don't really remember what I wrote. I typically write 8-10 poems at these gigs, most of which I don't store in any kind of long term memory.

6/19/2009 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home