Wednesday, April 26, 2006

B'oh!

This Onion AV Club article about Simpsons quotes (so obvious! is that why they hadn't thought of it yet) doesn't include a single one of the quotes which have really made it into our general lexicon. Use a better sense of judgement, Sideshow Bob.

Gotta put a word in for my personal motto of the last several months, "I can't promise I'll try, but I'll try to try."

In other humor news, I just saw John Hodgman on The Daily Show for the first time, and he was pretty funny. Haven't watched these other bits yet but it's nice for them to swing geekwards rather than dip back into the annoying dumbass well.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

p.s. More heartwarmingly, Matt Groening notes in his AV Club interview that "I would prefer to listen to a French classical composer like Olivier Messiaen than to the pop hits of the day."

4/26/2006 9:13 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

How many recordings of Saint François d'Assise do you think Matt Groening owns?

4/27/2006 2:25 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but you know that Leela on Futurama is named after "Turangalila," right?

4/27/2006 7:05 AM  
Blogger Pete said...

It just seems to me like Matt Groenig is trying to come off all sophisicamated or something.

4/28/2006 9:29 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

You can't take a Messiaen shout-out at face value?

Like I said before, he named one of the main characters in Futurama after the Turangalila Symphony. That gives him enough street cred in my book.

4/28/2006 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home