Saturday, March 24, 2007

Watch Me Now, Hey; Work, Work

Let the record show that, unlike Jack, I spent most of my birthday at the office scrambling towards a couple of deadlines next week.


It's not terrible (to quote the Battle Song from Deltron 3030, it "knocked me for a loop but I can still breathe") and it looks like my weekend has been largely spared. Still, I'm kind of down on the whole concept of working for a living right now. That and very tired.

The image above shows up on posters in an early episode or two of Futurama, before that show toned down its dystopian leanings, at least in terms of career assignment. I've been thinking all this week that I want one for my cubicle wall.

(Let the record also show that Jack, like me, is entering his twenty-eighth year, not his twenty-seventh, which he just completed. I guess working with words all day makes you lose your touch with the numbers?)

To think happier thoughts, I've got my cancelled/usused plane tickets from last weekend reapplied to next weekend so I can meet Jack in NY for some more concert-going (David Robertson, Dawn Upshaw, the St. Louis Symphony doing Britten, Adams, Mahler at Carnegie Hall) . So, onwards and upwards with using the birthday as an excuse for classical music-related travel...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I made the exact same mistake in my birthday e-mail to Nate, in reference to lyrics from "Rocky Mountain High". I am shamed.

3/26/2007 6:20 PM  
Blogger nate said...

Now I'm shamed that I failed to notice that e-mail error. I suppose I'll have to be born somewhat after the summer of my 27th year.

3/26/2007 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home