Monday, May 21, 2007

Spider-Man 3: Long, Dumb

Back from Boston, back to work. I'm still pretty tired, partially since I took a late night train yesterday, partially since I just watched Spider-Man 3 with some coworkers. It is long and dumb. Not particularly dumb, but just regular dumb is dumb enough. I'd say some snarky things about it, but that would be like saying snarky things about Taco Bell. Why bother: the point is to not eat at Taco Bell.

The one thing I do like about the Spider-Man movies is their portrayal of the New York City subway system, which gets less and less plausible every time. I think it was the second movie that featured a long uptown elevated line that just stopped in the middle of nowhere. In 3 there's a scene of a cavernous underground sewer with narrow, wooden-looking subway trestles criss-crossing each other over a deep pit.

The movie's something like two and a half hours long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home