Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Notes From the Last Mile of a Commute

1. Driving along Washington Boulevard, I see the back of a pedestrian who looks like he's wearing some kind of huge, awesomely iridescent cloak, majestically catching the late afternoon sun. But no, he just has a plastic bag with some dry-cleaned shirts in it slung over his shoulder. Considerably less awesome.

2. One of the many new high-rise condominiums (condominia?) springing up around the Clarendon Metro stop is called "The Phoenix". You can draw your own conclusions about the facility from their website. [Caution: link contains loud, grandiose MIDI 'n' Flash intro.] But all I can think every time I read its sign is "I would take out a huge fire insurance policy if I bought a property with that name."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home