Sunday, September 23, 2007

Go You Football

Steelers win again. This one wasn't televised in my media market, as the Ravens were playing at the same time (boo) but I listened to the hometown radio broadcast on an AM radio feed online, which happily was available this time around. General cause for celebration. Go you football.

I have the Cowboys/ Bears game on in the background with the sound off -- for whatever reason football makes me more willing to use the TV as just a soothing flashing picture box -- which looks at this point like it's going to get Rex Grossman beat up in the parking lot after the game. I find myself disturbingly non-antipathetic to the Cowboys these days, given their storied history as a Steelers nemesis. I end up rooting for Dallas quarterback Tony Romo, though. Maybe it's just because of the high drama of his season-killing fumble in last year's playoffs; of such operatic tragedy is the pleasure of sports viewership made. Plus the way he hangs his head afterward is priceless. It's like he just accidentally killed every puppy in the world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

I still agree entirely with Eric Cartman as to the quality of Family Guy, but I must give them props for using the syllable "Si" rather than "Ti" for the leading tone in their solfege.

9/24/2007 12:29 AM  
Blogger nate said...

Yeah, but that credit would belong to Meredith Willson, right? I just give Family Guy props for setting an unabridged number from The Music Man.

They're also singing "Si" as a flat seventh, not a leading tone, right? Is that okay in Solfege?

9/24/2007 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home