Thursday, July 03, 2008

Class Dismissed!

There's no jollier feeling right before a long weekend (in my nine-to-fiver experience) than being granted the afternoon off from work. This is what my boss gave us not long ago, despite the conditions (not if you have meetings), exemptions (not if you're a contractor), and vaguely rueful tone (he himself doesn't meet the above conditions) of his email.

Happily that left my unbooked, full-time-employed self to my own devices, so I'm back at home now. My big plan for my newly open afternoon is "go get a haircut, [me] hippie", as it's too hot for even the modest level of shagginess I'm currently at. Tomorrow Kyle & I are heading out to Newport, on the coast, to hopefully see a lighthouse and some fireworks and generally get out of town for the holiday. Should be a fun weekend; hope all of yours are too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home