Friday, February 20, 2009

Lunchbreak Steelers Fix

The newspaper in Saginaw, Michigan, ran an article about their hometown hero LaMarr Woodley this week (linked from James Walker's AFC North Blog at ESPN) which makes for heartwarming reading in general. But I wanted to post it because he also explains that leg kick move he does after he sacks someone:
[Woodley, since high school] refused to celebrate after he sacked the quarterback.

Until this year.

"I didn't want to waste the energy . . . I just wanted to get back to the huddle and get ready for the next play," Woodley said. "But during training camp, one of the players said I needed one, so I kind of came up with something with a kick.

"I call it the 'door kick' like you're kicking in the door to get to the quarterback. It's not the high kick, because when you kick the door open, you aim for the middle, where the doorknob is."
So there you go. Woodley, incidentally, has now permanently disproved the Sports Illustrated cover jinx retroactive to December.

1 Comments:

Blogger nate said...

Jame's Walker's blog has been an excellent component of my borderline-compulsive Steelers Internet browsing mix since late this past season.

That SI cover is some kind of instant classic. Woodley sure kicked Joe Flacco where his doorknob is, so to speak.

2/20/2009 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home