Wednesday, March 31, 2010

T-Shirt Retirement: The Next Wave

Not long ago (last summer, I reckon), I reported that I had to cull a number of t-shirts from my repertoire of t-shirts. I effectively removed t-shirt evidence of ever having been in a high school marching band. This represented the second wave of t-shirt-based-life-evidence-removal, having previously decimated any signs of having ever been a Boy Scout.

Well, the next wave of t-shirt send-offs is now underway. Going this time: any sign that I went to college. Retiring are: the Carnegie Mellon "College of H&SS" t-shirt, the Carnegie Mellon "Official Centenary" t-shirt, my Swarthmore college t-shirt (prompter of the ever-popular "No, I didn't go there, but my brother did. He was really smart." statement), and even though I don't really need to, I think I may well retire a still-intact non-descript Carnegie Mellon t-shirt.

Luckily, I never acquired any clothing items bearing Florida International University insignia, so I'll never have to worry about striking them from the record.

And as for the wave after this one, who knows; it may actually be based on taste (eradicating t-shirts like "Coors Light" and "Corona" despite their still being entirely wearable).

(And, as usual, please, don't take this as a sign of me needing any t-shirts; I still have more of them then any human ever needs.)

(Which is also to say, nothing much bloggable on the Pete front.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Speaking of T-shirts, when do I get my poetry collective T-shirt? You know I'll give you money for it, and yet you keep not sending me one. I'd like to politely inquire as to what is up with that.

3/31/2010 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Mom said...

Purge all you want Grasshopper. I still have your diploma and a little stuffed pig saying "someone at CMU hearts you".

4/01/2010 8:15 AM  
Blogger Pete said...

Jack, I will mail you a t-shirt. What size did we decide you were, again? A medium?

4/01/2010 6:26 PM  
Blogger nate said...

Awwww, that stuffed pig is the cutest evidence of Pete's college education of all.

Pete, as long as you're rustling up men's medium tees, I'll buy one too if you've got one to spare. I buy merchandise from all the meats of our cultural stew!

4/01/2010 8:55 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Yes, medium. Extra medium, if you have it.

4/01/2010 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home