Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Turn for the Better

The weather today was unbelievably dark and rainy, just utterly miserable. And then around 4 it stopped raining, and by after-work hours it was sunny and, eventually, almost completely cloudless. With fresh and superbly clear air, too, on account of the rain.
I got home & hopped into some sweatpants and onto my bike, and rode around East Haven for a while - leafy suburban streets, a quiet little regional airport, potholes, puddles. Street riding is comfortable here, even on a couple of the busier roads. If the route all the way into New Haven stayed pleasant enough to bike, it would be a nice morning workout to commute. Maybe I can scout out an alternative to Route 1 that would be safe at night & doesn't go right by the oil refineries.

I picked up some General Tso's chicken at a place up near "downtown" East Haven and brought it home in my backpack. (Not, despite their claim, The Best Food in Town; and that's probably not been the case Since 1983 either. Still pretty satisfying; I was hungry.) The evening turned into one of these pink, Edward Hopper northeast coastal sunsets, which is just inordinately pleasant.

In other words, a really nice, completely unexpected outside evening. I couldn't be much more content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home