Friday, September 08, 2006

Odds "and" Ends

Hooray for Friday! This felt like an unduly long short week . . . Did anyone figure the first big Steelers play of the year would be a Batch to Washington hookup? I think the game-sealing late interceptions are the most fun plays to see in general, though . . . Ben Roethlisberger really should take a couple of months off to make sure all his internal organs are okay. Seriously! . . . I cooked something decent for the first time in several months this week. One small step for stir-fry, one similarly small step for functioning adulthood . . . Bright Lights, Big City is a quick and readable book but not very satisfying as literature . . . Once I have a tape measure, I can work on getting a rug and curtains . . . I've quietly acquired a brand loyalty for sandwich bread, of all things. If I can't find the Arnold "Health Nut" wheat or whatever it is, I actually feel kind of agitated . . . There's a magnificent sculpture by Alexander Liberman (of, to me, Storm King fame) behind the Federal Courthouse in town, but since the courthouse is behind it, they'll just make you delete your photos, and then take down your driver's license info. And suddenly the world's that much safer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home