Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wednesday Doldrums

Gad, Wednesday doldrums have hit hard this week. Just . . . keep . . . the mental wheels
. . . turning . . .

Beautiful night, though. Morton Feldman on the stereo, occasionally obscured by State Street motorcycles. Crickets in the background. Sweet sweet glacial atonality. (From the Feldman, I mean. I guess the crickets too, when you think about it.)

I changed the blog settings so that people other than us can leave comments, by the way. I'll moderate these if they turn out to appear.

Here's a Fun Fact from linguistics class: did you know the Eskimos do not, in fact, have a fascinatingly large number of words for snow? Nope, just as many word-roots and variations on them as you'd find in any other language.

I guess that Fact is actually substantially less Fun than the false fact it replaces. Well, enjoy it anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

Dawkins' blows up that whole many words for snow thing in one of his books.

Looking forward to reading his new book, I am. Hopefully Dad'll buy it before I move back out of the house.

9/29/2006 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home