Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Balerina na korable


So when you search YouTube for "Alfred Schnittke," you turn up a late-60s vintage Soviet cartoon with a delightfully surreal soundtrack by the great composer. (I'm not sure what I was expecting to find, exactly. Unfortunately nothing turns up under "Sofia Guibaidulina." And no, this does not count as wasting time, since I'd just be watching the ballgame anyway.)

This clip turns out to be only half the cartoon. And it's still enjoyable, and that might be enough for some of you.

But, on the other hand, if anyone would be interested in splitting the cost of & then sharing a DVD compilation of Soviet animated shorts, you should let me know. Nate, I'm looking in your general direction here.

And yes, before you ask, you can also watch Worker and Parasite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home