Thursday, October 19, 2006

Disturbing Observation Roundup

The checkout line at the deli today had bags of ginger chews sitting out on display. Meet the most appalling candy mascot ever:


Note that the ginger man is eating a ginger chew. It's disturbing enough that he's got extra ginger growths that don't map to human appendages, but it's outright hideous that he can look so smug while dining on the flesh of his brethren.

Easily my second-least-favorite candy marketing gambit of the year. No ginger chews for me, thanks.

Meanwhile, in linguistics class today the professor mentioned the Dan Quayle "potatoe" incident in passing, and then noted to the class "But that's before your time."

And it is! I mean, to all the undergrads. I tell you, I'm not getting used to this whole "gradually becoming older" thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home