Thursday, October 04, 2007

Fatty McPitchPitch Go-to-Hell

So, seeing Josh Fogg get the win today for the Colorada Rockies, I was prompted to look up when the last ex-rookie-as-a-Pirate pitcher got a win in the playoffs (expecting it to be Tim Wakefield with Boston). But, as is typical, I got bored and stopped looking before finding any information (thats what makes my blog posts, I think, so great!).

But the information I did find was so startingly terrible that I have to post it here:

Did you know that Jimmy Anderson (25-47, 5.42 ERA career) got a World Series ring for being on the Boston Red Sox in 2004?

What the hell? He made baseball fans in Pittsburgh miserable every five games for four years, and somehow he has a WS ring? I say we name a bridge after him.

1 Comments:

Blogger nate said...

Pete actually did consistently refer to Jimmy Anderson as "Fatty McPitchPitch Go-to-Hell" while he was on the Pirates.

10/05/2007 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home