Monday, February 11, 2008

"Check Engine"

Thus spake my dashboard as of 4:00 PM yesterday, so after moving out of my apartment this morning I took a little detour up to Japanese Auto Clinic. Unfortunately I had stocked up on spare wagon wheels and axles rather than oxygen sensors, but they replaced the necessary part in about an hour and a half while I waited at the McDonalds across the street, eating a sausage McMuffin with egg (these are less good now, by the way, than when you are six) and blankly staring out the window at the garage, happy that my car goes up on the lift easily even with all of my worldly goods stuffed into it. If fixing it had somehow required unpacking it I think I would have just driven it into the Potomac and taken a train. So assuming I had to have a car problem this situation worked out pretty close to ideally.

At any rate, I'm in Cookeville, Tennessee right now, about halfway between Knoxville and Nashville, and in pretty good shape. And now it's time for me to go to sleep on a mattress for the first time in about a week and a half...

3 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

You should have gone with the Bacon and Egg McGriddle - it uses advanced food science as yet unavailable to civilians when you were six.

2/12/2008 9:39 AM  
Blogger nate said...

I shudder to think of the non-civilian applications of that food science. They must have been using it on the Soviets back then...

2/14/2008 9:27 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I concur with the McGriddle suggestion!

2/15/2008 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home