Friday, February 29, 2008

Support Your Local Artists / Ex-Local Pro Sport Franchises

I just switched to the other side of the coffee shop table I'm typing at to get my face out of the sun and one of the local artists' paintings on the opposite wall is a rendition of the Troy Polamalu Sports Illustrated cover from a couple of years ago. It's a sorta-primitivist acrylic/ mixed media work in typical local-artist style; the face is obscured into a blurred, almost expressionistic mask but the slight distortion of the subject's form loses the muscular energy of the original.

But still I'm like, hey, go Steelers. I like that painting. I'm not sure what that says about my artistic tastes but I'm guessing there's some stern-faced, possibly Adorno-derived theoretical stance that now thinks my visual aesthetic is a lie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home