Wednesday, February 13, 2008

There's Taylor, There's Tyler


Today's easy four and a half hours of driving took me from East Texas into Central Texas. The transition largely seemed to be a function of the landscape becoming progressively flatter, scrubbier, and more often occupied by cattle. At about three in the afternoon I got to my aunt and uncle's house in Taylor, where we took a little walk around the neighborhood (whence the view above) and went to a fajita place for dinner, and otherwise spent a lot of time chatting and discussing my likely route between here and Monterey Bay. Tomorrow's still slightly scrawny leg of the journey will probably land me in Carlsbad, New Mexico so I can briefly see the eponymous caverns in the morning.

No setbacks on the road so far, except that my car's CD player won't accept disc 5 of the God Delusion audio edition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home