Monday, September 22, 2008

I Got Crapped On by a Bird Today

I got crapped on by a bird today. It was during midday, right after meeting a friend for lunch. I was trying to recall when the last time I got crapped on by a bird was, and I couldn't remember. So I'm entering this into the public record: today, September 22, 2008, I got crapped on by a bird. We shall see how long a duration emerges between crappings-on.

My friend claimed it was good luck. I disagreed, on grounds that if it was such good luck, then how come I just got crapped on by a bird?

Later on, I decided that instead of deflecting the concept by deliberately misframing it for humorous effect, you should take a very specific point of reference and claim that your luck does improve, according to the law of averages.

More seriously, it was good luck in the sense that it missed my head by like two inches. Was back to baseline satisfaction in ten minutes or so.

* * * * *

I would have registered today as the Arbitrarily Selected Day of Pittsburgh Pirates Mediocrity Recognition, like last year, except that they have the day off so they're unable to lose. Also there are reports that they're close to tying up this Pedro Alvarez matter, which could turn out to be a serious mediocrity counterbalance. So: we shall see how the wind has turned, come 9/22/09.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home