Thursday, September 11, 2008

You're Never Too Old for College Radio

So I did my first show on the local Ivy League U's undergraduate AM radio station tonight, so I think I'm back in business on the College Radio front. The story's that if I broadcast another show next Thursday from 6 to 8 pm, I've got the time slot for the semester, which is good news. I will keep you posted.

* * * * *

Updated 9/14 with playlist. Supplied by popular request, if by "popular" you mean "Nate." Once I ramp up the radio show to full power I plan to start blogging about what I'm playing. Nate, in return for this I want you to post your IKEA cartoon.

(I'm linking to Amazon pages for these CDs for ease of identifying the recordings -- don't read any kind of equivalence between artistic appreciation and commercial consumption into the act.)

Howard Hanson: Serenade for Flute, Harp, and Strings, op. 35 (1946)

Samuel Barber: Violin Concerto, op. 14 (1939)

Alan Hovhaness: Symphony No. 2, "Mysterious Mountain" (1955)

John Adams: The Chairman Dances (1985)

Peter Schickele: String Quartet No. 5, "A Year in the Country" (1998)

Christopher Rouse: Rapture (2000)

No real theme here, outside of these all being 20th-century American pieces written in varying modern but expressive styles.

2 Comments:

Blogger nate said...

Hope the first show went well. I'd be interested in seeing playlists if you care to post them...

9/12/2008 10:54 AM  
Blogger nate said...

By "popular" I usually do mean "Nate", yes.

9/14/2008 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home