Saturday, October 25, 2008

I Edited That Together to Make You Look Foolish

I didn't read John Hodgman's first book, The Areas of My Expertise, but Nate liked it and I usually accept that as a decent predictor for my eventually reading it and liking it. I haven't read Hodgman's second book either, but he does a pretty funny promotional bit about it on the Daily Show.



I like that this comes off as a kind of abstracted comedy bit. Make sure you read the text at the bottom of the screen during the Rachel Maddow interview.

Elsewhere, a pretty interesting Onion AV Club interview with Hodgman.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This episode of This American Life has a great piece from John Hodgman about suddenly becoming famous. I also highly recommend Sarah Vowell's piece on the mapmaker who accompanied the Fremont expeditions.

10/26/2008 2:39 PM  
Blogger nate said...

An older, also very funny talk show meta-interview is this David Cross spot on Carson Daly in which he purports to instruct the Arrested Development kids on how to engage in a chat-em-up promotional spot.

10/28/2008 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home