Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Gremlins from the Kremlin

Have I mentioned yet how exhausting it is to be co-running a month-long poetry festival? I'm not sure why, but this is the cartoon I just watched, to take a break from my day of trying to add some much-needed documentary content to omiami.org.

It--watching the WB cartoon--had something to do with this:



which I never, ever, get tired of watching.

In other news, I got to witness the tail end of rehearsal for this event last night, which was awesome. And got to meet Anne Carson, one of my real intellectual heroes, and tell her how much I appreciate her having written Economy of the Unlost--undoubtedly the obscurest of her books (which she acknowledged, making me all the happier)--and talk to her a bit about it and Paul Celan. So that's cool.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

"Worker and Parasite" will never get old.

That Merrie Melodies cartoon is a rather cheery spin on the eastern front in 1944. If anyone else is wondering about the significance of the caricatures (besides Uncle Joe), it turns out they're mostly members of the Warner Bros. animation staff.

4/06/2011 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home