Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Oh Man, What a Fabulous Sound from 1958

Currently: listening to the "Rockin' Richard" show on 88.7, enjoying a Buzzard's Bay lager and the cool evening. I agree with that guy from the one song: I want to be a 50s doo-wop bass man too. But that's unrealistic for so many reasons I don't even know where to start.

Today I interviewed for an open position in the manuscript editorial department, which I think went about as well as it was going to go. We'll see; they're interviewing a bunch of people, is about all I know. I also have my hat in the ring for a permanent marketing assistant position. . . this should sort itself out within a couple of weeks.

This also required my taking an editorial test, situated in a fallow corner of a cubicle farm in the university HR building. It's frustrating to realize how many words you're not sure how to spell. Millennium? How can this be so hard? . . . didn't we just have one of
those? . . .

But, overall not too stressful, and it gave me an excuse to call the afternoon off early and hit the ol' Payne Whitney for some treadmill-based blowing off of steam, while watching gymnasium-grade television with the sound off. I cannot hear the arguments presented, Judge Judy, but I strongly recommend ruling against the guy with the mullet.

After getting a late start this morning I drove the Green Car in today, instead of cycling, and refilled the tank on the way home. On the previous tank, I'd made about 17 miles to the gallon; for the last two weeks I've been driving as judiciously as possible, not accelerating towards stop signs, drifting down hills, etc. This pushed the last tank up to 17 3/4 miles to the gallon. Oh well.

Even more currently: listening to the "Go Kat Go!" show on 88.7. I have a total crush on the girl's voice who does this show. Not the girl, mind you, just her voice. I think it'd break the spell if I were actually to meet her in person, or probably even if she were to talk about something besides Rockabilly music.

Hooray for radio!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

So you're officially a college radio junky at this point, huh?

5/30/2006 10:16 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

It's a good station. More than anything I'm a college radio wannabe -- someday I'll get myself back on the airwaves. It's my secret Stage 2 of getting employed at some or another university.

5/30/2006 10:45 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Ix-nay on the an-puppets-may...

5/31/2006 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home