Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Street that I Live on is Too Loud

So it suddenly over the weekend turned into summer here in Boston. Most of the windows in my apartment now spend most of their time open, but the street that I live on hosts a level of traffic that tends to very between moderate to extraordinarily heavy between the hours of 5 AM and 12:30 AM so the base-level volume on both the TV and my stereo have moved up to a noticable degree. As I was eating my lunch of coffee (Trader Joe's Double Dark blend (a delightful mix of Mexican and Costa Rican beans)) and pistachios (Trader Joe's brand again, this the 50% less salt variety (with the light blue rather than dark blue label)) and trying to watch TNG on the TV it was actual a struggle to hear the dialogue as the story surrounding Riker's apparent insanity on a distant planet unfolded.

So I decided not to renew my lease. I'm going to move at the end of August. I don't know exactly where to yet, but I think it's a step in the right direction. New York City is the obvious choice as a destination (by which I mean Queens or Brooklyn, in terms of place for actual inhabitance), but the idea of having to craigslist random roommates again is not a very pleasant one. I'm also trying to determine the specfics of what exactly it will take to go to Germany to study the language in an immersive setting, and trying to do that in the fall instead of just moving. The idea of just putting all of my shit into self-storage somewhere and taking off for a while actually appeaks to me greatly.

I don't know though, all I know for sure is that it's too damn loud here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home