Thursday, June 15, 2006

Casual Thursday

I biked to work today, and then realized upon getting to the gym (where I shower) that I'd forgotten to pack an actual pair of pants. After some deliberation, I decided that it wasn't worth going an hour and forty-five minutes out of my way to get actual pants, and to just wear the sweatpants I had with me. (Fortunately they were fairly clean. I scrubbed some of the biking-related grime off the back of them in a locker room sink, left them in the sauna while I showered, and then finished drying them with the small blow-dryer attached to the wall.)

You know that depressing feeling you get on a slow weekend when it's about 2:30 in the afternoon and you're still wearing sweatpants? It's like eight times worse at work.

I'm still wrapping my mind around living in Connecticut in earnest. I mean, beyond the obvious needing-an-apartment-in-two-weeks part of it. Like I'm going to need an actual opinion about Joe Lieberman. He's facing a mild but increasing primary election threat from a more liberal Democrat named Ned Lamont, and there's this whole ball of wax about liberal/centrist Democratic Party ideas, and the Iraq War, and compromise positions with Republican congressmen, etc. etc. Where do I stand? Who knows??

Connecticut never struck me as someplace where I might actually live. Kind of like Delaware. New Jersey I probably could have conceived of, distantly.

This does get me out of Queens County jury duty, which I'd delayed twice since January. This is positive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home