Monday, June 12, 2006

Things Jack Got Today

I. Sunburned
II. Job offer

Okay, the sunburn I got yesterday, on a recreational bike ride organized by a local biking group for the Arts & Ideas Festival, which New Haven organizes every June. I should have known better, but I got my arms pretty well. Neck & face are okay. I should have checked to see how long this bike ride was going to be. It turned out to be 25 miles long, involving about 3 1/2 hours of mostly-pleasant suburban road-following. This felt good, except for the eventual sunburn. It is worth mentioning that, wishful thinking aside, you will not be sunburned less if you are going faster.

But the job offer came today, from the editorial department. So I definitely have a permanent foothold in the office, which is very much where I'd like to be. It hasn't been finalized and there's another open position I'm still planning to interview for (in the marketing department, fairly similar to what I've been doing for the last two months) so some things are yet unclear; but, for now: hooray, I will shortly be legitimately employed once again.

I am celebrating by doing my laundry and frequently applying moisturizer to my arms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home