Sunday, June 25, 2006

Jobbing

I don't think I mentioned that I accepted the manuscript editorial job early this week, so that's definitely what I'll be up to employment-wise for the next while.

This nicely fulfills the career goal I stated in the going-away email I circulated to colleagues upon leaving my last job — I think the phrase I used there was "a desire to work more closely with the written word." By that I mainly meant "a desire to quit my current job, which is slowly killing me," but I'm really happy, of course, that the un-cynical interpretation has actually come to pass fairly quickly.

The work itself, by all accounts, will involve a good deal of routine kind of stuff, but I think it's a good entry point for me, given my level of experience (which is to say, little experience, but proven proclivity.) And the people in the department seem great.

As a modest act of celebration, here is a copy of one of my favorite word-geek artifacts. Otherwise, I begin the new gig on July 6, so, onwards . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

I actually verb words all the time. I wonder if I initally got he idea of C&H, or if its merely a convergent idea.

6/26/2006 3:03 AM  
Blogger Pete said...

I would just like to mention that the deliberate self-sabotage of my own speech is not an obscurantist undertaking - it falls in line with other character traits that I have contrived for myself at various times, such as (in the realm of wardrobe) wearing unmatched Argyle socks and having enough Hard Rock Cafe and Planet Hollywood t-shirts to wear one every single day.

6/27/2006 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home