Friday, July 07, 2006

Odds N. Ends

Happy weekend! I'm going to a party later tonight, so it's totally not lame to be doing a blog post even if it's Friday . . . The Green Car managed to stay functional long enough for me to move last Saturday and then to drive it back to Pittsburgh, but it then promptly refused to start the next day. Dad gave a good shot at repairing it, replacing a couple of likely-failed parts, but still no go. More news will eventually follow . . . Last Friday I rode my bike from East Haven to the state park where the company picnic was being held, about 18 miles away. This was good exercise, even if upon my arrival I consumed two beers, a hot dog, a slice of pizza, and two jelly-filled donuts within about twenty-five minutes. I was hungry! There's some nutritional value in that food, right?
. . . Meanwhile, after biking home I felt like I'd been thrown out the back of a moving vehicle. Stamina: gradually increasing . . . In memory of the beautifully voiced mezzo-soprano Lorraine Hunt Lieberson, you could listen to her smoldering "Memorial de Tlatelolco" movement of John Adams's El NiƱo. I heard her in a performance of this a couple of years ago. By all accounts all of her performances were this illuminatory, but I missed much of this, unfortunately, by not really being an opera fan . . . If you were to take a supply of hardcover books, remove the insides, and re-equip them with paperback covers, would you call the process "Strip and Bind"? This sounds rather off-color to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home