Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Septemberfest

Mark your calendars: the Bohemian Hall & Beer Garden in Astoria, Queens (neighborhood motto: Now With Electricity!) has its annual Wine Festival on Saturday, September 16, and its Octoberfest celebration on Saturday, September 30.

The Wine Festival, Nate, is the one you were in town for last year, when they had the folk dancers and the brass band from the Czech Republic, and where Nick was there too & got interviewed by that hot Czech TV reporter. And Dad was in town, too. That was a good weekend.

Probably a good time to get into the city again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

I definitely hope to attend their Oktoberfest again this year. Maybe I'll even eat the roast pig this time! (er, well, maybe I won't eat the pig, but still...)

7/26/2006 9:46 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Come on, if the pig were in your place it'd eat you. (Okay, that's just a recycled Simpsons joke.)

The catch is that since I don't live there anymore, we'll have to find places to stay. I guess Dan could put you up, though, and I've got friends around.

7/27/2006 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home