Sunday, April 22, 2007

One Skull Short of a Mouseketeer Reunion

In recognition of the one-year anniversary of this blog, here is the entirety of my incomplete Futurama post, which Jack occasionally mocks in his comments. It was originally begun at 12:20 AM on August 10th, 2006; at some point Jack updated it with some graffiti which is also addressed below. Not really worth reading, but: no more unpublished drafts.

***************

I can probably attribute most of my recent lack of posting to breaking down and buying the entire series run of Futurama on DVD about a week and a half ago, which I just finished rewatching tonight. According to my calculations that averages out to an alarming 6.5 episodes per day, which I guess edges me up towards typical American levels of recreational ass-sitting, but the show's probably worth the nightly feeling of fatigue and mild nausea.

After a second run through the series (my first was around two years ago) the show holds up better than I remember. I think in large part that's because I'm more used to the stable of secondary characters, which aspires to a Simpsons-like richness but is thinner and more annoying. (A big exception is robotics tycoon Mom, who under her lovable public image is a dessicated harpy given to hurling nonsensical invective -- "Cram a bastard in it, you crap" and the like -- at her sons.)

[Manuscript ends]

***************

Dear Nate: please rank the following activities in order of nerdiness:
1. Blogging
2. Watching Futurama
3. Blogging About Futurama
4. Being Too Busy Watching Futurama to Blog
5. Blogging About Being Too Busy Watching Futurama to Blog

In order of increasing nerdiness: 1, 2, 4, 3, 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home