Thursday, November 30, 2006

Beer Day, Beer Day, Happy Happy Beer Day

Good ol' middle-period Mahler. Similarly (to quote a short story on audio-book CD whose author I don't recall, but referring to cheap Southern whiskey), "good ol' corn". Essentially, good for making the sadness that much more apparent, yet somehow blunting it.

Tonight's my semi-self-designated Allowed To Drink Beer Night (probably offsetting my other six nights of exercise and relatively low caloric intake, but whatever), so I met a couple of friends at the happily-still-not-closed Dr. Dremo's, where I had a nicely understated Dogfish Head Pumpkin Ale, followed by two pints of adequately hoppy Brooklyn IPA and some onion rings. Plus, for good measure, a compellingly used-to-be-sweet Lagunitas Brown Shugga' once I got home, coupled with a two-year-old South Park episode making fun of Michael Jackson on DVD. Coming next week, more of the fantastic craft beer I bought from Dee's in Regent Square over the long Thanksgiving weekend.

Apropos next to nothing, here's a Youtubed clip of what I wish the maddeningly inconsistent/ arguably underused Steelers running game looked like right now, as well as a surprisingly hi-res and early-posted chunk of last week's Family Guy, which wins back some mojo for me by (wait for it) drilling into the apparently addictive junk food-consumption habits of a late-1980s commercial mascot. I don't understand why I can more or less accept casual misogyny if it's mixed with wonton mockery of Ray Liotta, but there it is.

***************

Update: Pete points out that the correct name of the Regent Square beer seller is D's Six Pax & Dogz.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

i do believe that its D's, not Dee's. Six Pax and Dogz.

12/02/2006 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home