Monday, February 12, 2007

Stoudt's Brewery

So I have managed to rent a room in Portland, finally.

Also, in my recent habit of just sort of thinking about beer, in a general way, at random times, I think its rather interesting that Stoudt's Brewing Company seems to be building an historical village around its brewery, "Stoudtburg Village." There's antique stores, and a bakery that uses spent grains and beer from Stoudt's in its bread. Apparently they also have residential space, so you can live there. If I were ever to live there, I would treat it as a reenactment type village, and dress as what I think an ancient Sumerian probably dressed like, and make beer and bread in clay pots.

Also, I don't think I ever mentioned on the ol' blog here, that I'm very proud of my parents now that Stoudt's Double IPA is one of their house beers (like, always in the basement fridge). I think thats great. They also had a case of the Fat Dog Imperial Oatmeal stout with them when they came back from Philly the other week; that beer is nationally renowned, and they drink it. Good for them.

I really do think it would be fun to get a big clay pot and try to make a fermented-malt beverage in it. Probably wouldn't want to try and rely on the wild yeasts that are floating around this country though (not even in Pristine Oregon).

2 Comments:

Blogger nate said...

I congratulate you on your no longer homelessness.

I'm assembling plans to come visit the Portland area in April so I hope you'll be ready to take me out for some local Pete-approved beer, or at least, apparently, some good pancakes.

2/12/2007 10:01 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Yes, congrats on the place.

Maybe you can get the beer village to pay you for your reenactments. "Ahhh: I do so enjoy a hardy, full-bodied beer brewed from all-natural grains. After all, it is 2000 B.C."

2/13/2007 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home