Monday, January 07, 2008

Blue Shirt, Khaki Pants, Blue Shoes

What better way to decompress from my first day of teaching college English than blogging about it? None, say I. Or actually, now that I start to blog about it, it actually seems like a terrible idea. Let's talk about something else. Before class, though, since my two reusable water bottles have been full and in my fridge untouched since December 10th or so, I opted to not use them today - I think I'll wash them first. Since I don't necessarily wash them on that regular of a basis, it seems like there's a good chance that some interesting mouth germs have propagated therein in the past few weeks. However, after biking in to campus, and before going to my 8 AM class, I decided that I was mighty thirsty, so I condescended to purchasing a bottle of water from a Coke machine - something I hate to do, and don't do very often. There's something interesting to me, though, about the fact that Coke's Dasani water says on the bottle "enhanced with minerals for a pure, fresh taste." I think that's a relatively new thing - it amuses me that their water used to be too bland. I assume their water bottling process at this point involves taking municipal water, distilling it, etc. and then adding back in these proprietary salts to define some specific watery taste that is, now, in fact, "Dasani" water. Since I feel like I should probably reuse this 20oz bottle several times now before recycling it (especially given my general distrust for the recycling program at my apartment complex), so that means I'll put off washing my other designed-to-be-reused bottles even longer. But hopefully it won't involve any further purchasing of vending machine water.

Jarring, how the semester forces one back into some kind of productive life so early into the year. Or maybe that's a silly reflection, since most of you out there have, like, jobs. Nate and Jack (Jack and Nate) obviously have, like, jobs, since they, like, still haven't blogged in '08.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home