Monday, January 14, 2008

Oops, Missed It

A few years ago, I remembered recently, a guy going out with my roommate-at-the-time noted that he was going to have a party that year not for his birthday, but rather for his 10,000th day. Which I thought was a neat idea then, and still think is a neat idea now. Looking back on it I figured the guy was about 28 at the time, and I thought Hey, I can do that this year. 10,000 days, good deal. Well, I calculated my 10,000th day using The Internet and it was August 6, 2007. So, oh well.

I'm kind of miffed that I wasn't watching when my bio-odometer turned over. My 9,999th day I have a good memory of; according to the present blog it was a really lazy summer day of river-tubing and barbecue-having. But as far as I can ascertain from my old emails, on Monday, Day 10,000, I celebrated by having a laundry night. And probably I stayed up as it got dark, reading Toni Morrison's "Jazz" with the box fan running in the window. Which was perfectly fine, as I remember it.

I guess I could try celebrating the less interesting 11,000th day, which will be May 2, 2010. Likely as not I'll still be in New Haven. Doing laundry.

Today, on my 10,161st day, I celebrated by going to work, then out to drinks with a couple of people under the auspices of that one social MeetUp group in the area, where I also caught up with Stu for the first time in the new year. Good enough! Bring on 10,162!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am marking the date 1/24/2021 for my 25,000th day. I don't think I can afford to wait that long to celebrate. Dad and I are planning to celebrate our 33 1/3 RPM (Really Proglonged Marriage) next February. Thanks for the link to the time calculator. We were having a little trouble working out the exact date ... Mom

1/15/2008 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home