Thursday, February 14, 2008

V-Day without Janácek

It's with a heavy feeling in my heart that I navigate through Valentine's Day 2008; obviously there is a void here that will ache until it can be assuaged, in that I'm not attending a Janácek opera tonight like last year. Man! It's like you walk by the flower shop during lunch break, and you see men walking out with single roses in paper packages and you just have to think to yourself, "Why am I not watching Karita Mattila sing something in Czech this evening?" There is no easy answer.

So, instead I went to the gym after work, and later plunked down on the couch with some organic blue corn chips and bean dip and some Dogfish Head 60-Minute IPA, and I watched a recap of the Steelers' victorious road to Super Bowl XL on DVD. This is, as far as I'm concerned, satisfactorily awesome, and if you have a better idea for the evening of 2/14 I don't want to hear it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

That's funny - I just poured myself a Dogfishhead 90 Minute IPA.

2/14/2008 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home