Monday, March 03, 2008

Yo Jobba Jobba!

Some good job news this morning: I've just accepted a Java developer position at the downtown Portland office of a regional health insurance provider, starting on St. Patrick's Day (Monday the 17th). On Friday I was all set to say that this may be the last offer of employment I ever accept on a February 29th, but I had to wait over the weekend to work out the details.

This also puts an end to the moderate anxiety I was feeling about not having a job -- which, while moderate, was a little stronger than I expected and sort of privately embarrassing in that I'm apparently even more dependent on extreme financial stability, or maybe just daily routine, than I thought I was. But now I can kick back for a couple of weeks and enjoy the amorphous non-industriousness of having nowhere in particular to go all day. Or, possibly as a higher priority, finding a place to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home