Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wall Wandering

So I'm hanging out in Mike's room at his homestay just now, and he did a double-take when I plugged in our blog address and it opened up on his computer. Apparently Blogger is working in China now, as is the BBC website and Wikipedia. Cool beans! The obvious explanation for this is that my traveling here has produced a sunrise of expressive freedom.

I'll write more when I get back. Mostly I'm proving to Mike that Blogger is actually working I did walk along the Great Wall today, which gives you a neat "Hey, how about this" feeling. Still haven't had my Peking opera or duck, but I've got three whole days left.

* * * * *

Updated with picture 4/27. I got another tourist to take a couple of these for me. This is at the Mutianyu section of the wall (there are several different restored sections) about 90 kilometers north of Beijing. That blue sky in the background represents remarkably good weather for the area, by the way, literally about as good as it gets there.

I did get my Peking opera and duck before I left, on Wednesday and Friday night, respectively.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home