Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Perfunctory Bullet-Pointed Blogging Beats No Blogging at All

Other highlights of the weekend in New York City:

● Birthday shindig at a bar in the west 40s for my friend Lisa
● Cooking breakfast on Saturday morning at chez Lisa-and-her-boyfriend-Andy (Lisa can make biscuits! Andy can poach eggs! I can make myself modestly useful in assisting to prepare eggs benedict!)
● Watching Batman Returns with Pete, then having Korean food on 32nd St. with Mandy for dinner
● Going to Carroll Gardens, in Brooklyn, with Pete to see a neat outdoor screening of this unfortunately execrable little indie documentary about the guy in Philly who does the mosaics on South Street
● Brunch in Brooklyn with my college friend Dan (last hung out with when he lived in New Haven, back in '06, at a Bridgeport Bluefish game), then wandering toward the Bridge to check out the Olafur Eliasson Waterfalls. We seemed to share an opinion: kind of interesting, kind of hard to see the point of, not spectacularly impressive in scale next to the bridges and the city itself.
● Walking back to Manhattan via the Brooklyn Bridge.

At that point I headed to Grand Central and returned to New Haven, though I'm not going to bullet-point that with the "highlights."

Pretty decent weekend! At some point I will do catchup blogging about the first half of the summer, which despite a good amount of heat-wave-fueled laziness has produced some good times.

* * * * *

It turns out that Stephen Scott and his Bowed Piano Ensemble are indeed touring to the East Coast very shortly, playing a concert at Bard College in August. And they're performing "Vikings of the Sunrise," the piece I really liked on CD. But (drat!) I'll be visiting Nate in Portland when that happens. I already told Pete about this, since he'll be up in that neck of the woods at the time: herewith I continue to apply pressure and encouragement for him to go see this concert, so I can experience it vicariously.

* * * * *

If you haven't seen this yet, it's pretty funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home