Thursday, June 25, 2009

Kickle's Actual Cubicle

In honor of it being only Thursday somehow, here's a mini-project from yesteryear that I called "Semi-obscure Nintendo characters saying things I overheard at the office". It consists of NES screenshots and verbatim quotations that I heard around the workplace on one particular morning.










I wonder whether my gaming experience as a kid would have been enriched by knowing that Nintendo games from the late 80s would become an ironic / nostalgic vehicle for expressing vague dissatisfaction with my workday routine. I doubt it would have made it any easier to play all the way through "A Boy and his Blob" before we had to return it to the video rental place, though.

* * *

Meanwhile, a couple of years ago The Onion had a pretty brilliant treatment of the "It's only ___day" concept, mostly in terms of joking on the grammatical conventions of newspaper headlines. And who doesn't like joking on those?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Usually there's like a two-week blog silence from Nate before he posts anything really weird, but not this time. I'm not sure whether that's a good sign or a bad sign.

6/25/2009 1:09 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

That's pretty funny. And strange.

6/25/2009 1:16 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Good sign! Good sign!

6/25/2009 2:51 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Although, I still think my all-time favorite nintendo screenshot manipulations were the final fantasy one's; especially the "Paul is dead" one with the avatars made to look like the Beatles, and the one where they're fighting Gunner and six Megamans.

6/25/2009 2:52 PM  
Blogger nate said...

That's strange that you took such a shine to those. I don't think they even exist any more, or at any rate I don't have them on my computer.

6/25/2009 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home