Monday, December 06, 2010

Idiopa(g)ean

These are three photos of our collaborative book project that Carol took and posted on Facebook, so I think they're safe to share here as well. It is called Idiopa(g)ean: a brok(op)en page-song. The books present a fractured poetic text with many possible ways of being read, intended to be interpreted aloud into a complete whole be each reader or group of readers that encounter it. Carol's guiding image for the design of the books was of a flock of ibis strolling through a South Floridian lawn, joined by an exotic scarlet ibis. I decided, two-thirds of the way through making it, that my poem, to me, was about love conquering capitalism, or vice versa.


One of the best and least anticipated aspects of the work
was the sound the pages made
when they were whipped up by the wind.



That's a (tired, oblivious) me sunning in the background.



"Aureate" is my fourth or fifth favorite "a" word.




2 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Very cool -- wish I could see it firsthand & interact with it some. Also (and I admit this was my first thought about the pictures) it looks like it's really nice outside there.

12/06/2010 9:16 PM  
Blogger nate said...

I agree -- looks really neat. Props to Carol for taking some pictures that really seem to capture the mood of the work and the space. (Like Jack, I covet the sunshine a little.)

12/07/2010 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home