Thursday, October 16, 2014

No One Likes a Dead Blog Anyway

There's still a month and half left before it would have been a full year without a post on here, but I realized that that was the case today and panicked. That overstates it; I didn't panic. But I thought to myself... well, I thought to myself, but I'm not exactly sure what I thought. If you put the right kind of pressure on the correct spot of your brain stem, maybe, you activate the language centers up in the not-fish-brain part of yourself? Fuckin'... limbic system... parasympathetic nervous system, you know?

My friend Nick's blog--where I'd been podcasting for the call-it-8 months prior--shut down earlier this year (he's got a new comic coming out, by the way). So for the past 6 months, I've been, like, barely on the internet at all. Or not contributing to it, or not much, at any rate. So... internet, I've missed you? Or, pretend-internet-that-is-maybe-my-brothers-maybe-my-dad-and-maybe-nick, I've missed you?

Or, I haven't? But the thing that I've actually had on my mind to blog about is a couple of variant strains of post-black-metal, and it seems like I should say "hi," first, before I expect our little corner of the internet to find that even--let's say it--mildly interesting. Or, you'll probably find it interesting, because, if nothing else, it'll be some kind of insightful, but you maybe probably won't find it all that listenable.

So... yup, Blog's Not Dead (and heaven is, like, totally real).




2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Accidentally hit an old "favorite" button and here you were! I know that I am no one who likes a dead blog.
Anyway. I will have to check in purposefully to see if anyone picked up the thread. Mom

10/20/2014 1:41 PM  
Blogger Hank said...

Sweet! It works!

10/20/2014 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home