Tuesday, June 06, 2006

"Fuck You, Have a Bad Day!"

Home from work finally. Enjoying a delightful faux-mimosa made from Cava and blood orange juice. Had an encounter with an incredibly irate customer the other day at the register - I asked him if he had waited in line (he hadn't) and when he expressed his disinterest in line-jumping and I agreed to go ahead and help him anyway (he was only buying popsicles anyway) he continued to berate me about my general ignorance and intolerance. When I told him to have a nice day, he said "Fuck you, have a bad day!" really loud so pretty much everbody in the front half of the store heard him. Startling at the time, but in retrospect, really funny (at least for someone like me, who loves swearing).

2 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Yikes. I hope the popsicles cheered him up.

I believe the correct response in this situation is to smile sympathetically and chirp, "Looks like someone's got a case of the Mondays!"

6/06/2006 7:48 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Actually, if you ask these scienticians, they'll tell you about Intermittent Explosive Disorder. Sounds like it could be what this guy is suffering from.

Unless it's regular ol' Non-intermittent Just Being a Dick Disorder.

6/07/2006 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home