Saturday, July 29, 2006

It's Spanish for "The Niño"

While checking the Tanglewood schedule to see if there's anything worth going out of the way for later this summer (answer, for me at least, not really) I was reminded to check the BSO's fall-winter calendar.

Put it on your calendar: John Adams's "El Niño," Saturday, December 9. David Robertson conducts; Dawn Upshaw leads the cast of singers. Come on, Nate, winter road trip to Boston, you know you want to.

Adams's website, by the way, has a snazzy new design. It says there that there's a new book out about him, or rather a newly compiled anthology of essays by various music writers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

I knew that was familiar from something. Remind me?? I've forgotten the original line.

Whatever it is, it's less hilariously inappropriate than using the phrase "meaty handful" to describe string quartets.

7/31/2006 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home