Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Tool Time

Near the Metro North between Milford and New Haven there's a stretch of light-industrial lots and small warehouses, and from the train you can see one of these small warehouses with large, hand-painted letters on the side reading TOOLCLIP.COM. This strikes me as an intriguingly direct form of e-marketing. Forget pop-up ads: paint it on a warehouse!

Toolclip.com turns out to be the website of the Arthur I. Platt Company, Inc., of Milford, Conn., manufacturer of the original Finger GripĀ® Adjustable Tool Clip. They also sell motorcycle trailers and offer welding and riveting services.

Unfortunately, I don't think I could personally use any of their products, though I guess if we switched to stainless steel binder clips in the office, documents in the basement storage room would be protected from rust staining in the event of severe flood. Maybe they'd be willing to produce some extra lubs on spec.

"Our tool holders offer a wide range of tool holding capacity" is a great piece of marketing copy, I think, but I can't quite explain why I think that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home