Monday, February 26, 2007

In the Bleak, and Later Just Somewhat Damp, Midwinter

Well, while Jack spent his day outshining me in the quasi date and bowling score departments, I've mainly been snoozing off a long work week and observing the precipitation outside. Arlington got a couple inches of snow between early this morning and mid-afternoon, which has a pleasant muffling effect on the area: snow creating a sort of padding over everything, cars necessarily moving slowly through the slush if they even need to be out on a Sunday. I tromped through it to the gym at its most picturesque moment, with a full, even accumulation on the ground and a steady, fine-grained snow still falling. Later I walked back out into it with my camera, just as the weather transmogrified itself into a steady, cold drizzle. By evening the snow cover is patchy and largely gone from the roads and sidewalks. It occurs to me again that I should get a functioning digital camera, since I would share some pictures now instead of waiting until photography class tomorrow night (weather permitting) to develop this afternoon's film and see if I even got the exposures right.

I did watch more of the Oscar broadcast than is healthy and I don't have any meaningful commentary on the proceedings, except, in re: Happy Feet beating out Cars in the best animated feature category: What the hell, Academy? Talking cars! Come on! Also note that the Thomas Lennon who received a short-subject documentary award is not the Thomas Lennon who plays Lt. Dangle on "Reno 911!". The latter was not recognized for his work on the screenplay for Let's Go To Prison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home