Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Taste My Sad Redux

To neglect weightier topics and electoral events for a moment: As I'm on the final leg of my most recent pass through Arrested Development -- if I haven't put too fine a point on this before, I emphatically recommend that everybody get ahold of all 10 DVDs of this dearly departed series and watch them over and over, more or less on continuous loop -- I just realized that the title of Jack's "Taste My Sad" post about Radiohead from a month ago refers to the show, and not in fact to Radiohead. It amuses me how easily that comically awkward "Taste my happy/ Tastes kind of like sad" exchange between Will Arnett and Jason Bateman can be mentally reworked into a dourly ironic Radiohead lyric.

Will Arnett's pretty heavily featured in the TV ads for a movie that's coming out shortly, directed by Bob Odenkirk no less. The previews don't look promising but I'm happy just to see some of Arnett's and Odenkirk's work getting a reasonably high profile release. Maybe I'll skip the movie and mail them my nine dollars instead.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

Eh, I'd pay matinee prices for Bob Odenkirk directing.

11/07/2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

I agree: the previews make that movie look horrible. I didn't know Bob Odenkirk was involved too.

Y'all need to stop mocking my fish now.

11/07/2006 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home